Bohemian, Retro, Eclectic, Vintage and Plain. Yep, plain. What? I asked him to elaborate because I don't really want to be a Plain Jane. He said because I'm not frilly or showy, I'm just down to earth and... plain. Good thing he likes plain girls. He really hates makeup and the times he compliments me the most are when I look very plain. T-shirt, jeans, hair in a ponytail, a dab of mascara. He likes to be able to see my freckles. While I'm glad he likes that I'm plain, I like to refer to it as "Simple". It makes me feel better.
Clara, on the other hand, is not so plain. She likes the bling, the bright, the bold, the glittery, etc... She would LOVE to wear makeup and sequined outfits everyday. I try to let her be herself, but we do have rules. She's not allowed to have makeup in the house. The other day I told her and Nora that they looked cute when we were eating breakfast before Church. She said, "Yea, good thing we are pretty enough to not need makeup." (Trey tells her pretty girls don't need makeup). I told her, "Yes, you are pretty, but no one needs makeup, they just like it." Clara looked at me with dreamy eyes and said, "I don't just like it, I love it! Someday I'm going to wear it every day!" Rock it girl.


6 comments:
heehee! so funny!
I love the glitz and glam too! Especially when I was younger. I'm afraid my hubby says the same thing about me when I'm "plain jane" I get tons more compliments when I'm in t-shirt and jeans. oh well, I guess it still feels good to get all dressed up even if it's just for myself. :)
Yes, I still have a blog...it is private though, If you give me your email I can send you an invite. here is mine that I hardly ever check, but I use it for giving invites to my blog...it is bostonhh at gmail dot com
I will check it if you want to give me your email on there.
Good to hear from you!
too cute! i love how they each have their own personalities no matter what we are like. i often wonder where the heck kaylee came from, she is nothing like me as a kid:)
Reed would definitely call me plain too. Nothing wrong with it for sure.
I love your style. Always have. I would say my style is and has always been "almost". Meaning I can never quite make it right. But almost:) I've made my peace with that hahaha.
Matt hates makeup too and I'm glad because I hate to wear it too.
I can just picture Clara's face as she telling you how much she loves makeup. She is so funny.
HAHAHAH!!! I LOVE IT!. You know I never really cared about makeup much as a lil girl. I never would have thought that as an adult I would be encouraging women to make sure that they feel beautiful everyday.
I don't think you're plain, I think you are natural...and beautiful.
and I think Clara is adorable. I also think she may not be as blingy the older she gets and realizes mass amounts of glitter on the face isn't that cool:)
Post a Comment